CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR COVID POLICIES
The Manassas Chorale is a member organization. Your annual membership comes with privileges and responsibilities. The Handbook is designed to give you most of the information you will need as a Chorale member. Please take the time to read it before registering.
2022-2023 Manassas Chorale Handbook – click here to view or download
CLICK HERE to register online
CLICK HERE to pay your dues online
You may also print and mail your registration form and your dues payment to:
Manassas Chorale, PO Box 101, Manassas VA 20108
Manassas Chorale Registration 2022-2023 – click here to download
The Constitution and Bylaws of the Chorale are provided here for your reference.
2022-2024 Manassas Chorale Strategic Plan
The most recent Strategic Plan of the Chorale is provided here for your reference.
First rehearsal of the 2022-2023 season is Tue Aug 30. Rehearsals are held on Tuesday evenings from 7:30 PM to 9:20 PM at Manassas Baptist Church, 8800 Sudley Road, Manassas. Regular attendance is essential to maintain the quality of any vocal group. Members must meet the attendance requirements for each concert segment, and are responsible for registering their own attendance at each rehearsal. In order to be counted as present, a member may not miss more than half an hour of the rehearsal.
If a member exceeds the maximum allowable absences (and has attended at least half of the segment’s rehearsals), but wishes to perform in the concert, he/she will sing for the Music Review Committee, which will determine the singer’s preparedness. If you have any questions about your attendance, please see the Vice President or the Executive Director who maintain the attendance records.
Dress rehearsals are held at the Hylton Performing Arts Center before each concert. Attendance is mandatory unless otherwise arranged with the Director. Only circumstances such as family emergencies, illness, or other unavoidable circumstances will be considered by the Director as excusable absences. Failure to attend the dress rehearsal may result in the member being ineligible to perform in the concert. Concert attire is NOT required at dress rehearsals. Comfortable clothes and shoes are encouraged.
- Dues. The Manassas Chorale is considered a membership organization. Singers join for one year (four consecutive concert segments). Renewal reminders are sent to members as needed. The annual membership dues for the 2022-2023 season are $120 per member. Dues may be paid in their entirety or in installments of at least $40 each (member must arrange with the Treasurer if doing so). Members must be paid in full or have a signed payment agreement in place by the fourth rehearsal of the segment in which they join.
- Attire. Chorale members must purchase formal and informal concert attire (see Member Handbook for more details; pricing subject to change).
- Formal women’s attire = $107
- Formal men’s attire = $107
- Informal attire = $20
- Performance folder. Chorale members must have a matte black folder to hold their music for all performances. Folders may be purchased from the Chorale for $8, or singers may supply their own.