None at this time.
The handbook is designed to give you most of the information you will need as a Chorale member. We are a member organization and there are privileges and responsibilities of membership. Please take the time to read it online or download your own copy. Attendance and Cost information is provided below as a convenience for easy reference.
The Constitution and Bylaws of the Chorale are provided here for your reference.
The most recent Five Year Plan of the Chorale is provided here for your reference.
Rehearsals are held on Tuesday evenings from 7:30 PM to 9:20 PM at Manassas Baptist Church, 8800 Sudley Road, Manassas. Regular attendance is essential to maintain the quality of any vocal group. Members must meet the attendance requirements for each concert segment, and are responsible for registering their own attendance at each rehearsal. In order to be counted as present, a member may not miss more than half an hour of the rehearsal.
The first rehearsal of the season is August 29, 2017. The first rehearsal after the winter break is January 2, 2018.
For the 2017-2018 season, the attendance requirements (not including mandatory dress rehearsals) equate to:
- Fall (October) – 5 of 7 (includes one Saturday rehearsal, Sep 23, 9-11 am)
- Winter (December) – 6 of 8 (includes one Saturday rehearsal, TBD)
- Voices United (March) – 8 of 10
- Spring (June) – 8 of 11
If a member exceeds the maximum allowable absences (and has attended at least half of the segment’s rehearsals), but wishes to perform in the concert, he/she will sing for the Music Review Committee, which will determine the singer’s preparedness. If you have any questions about your attendance, please see the Vice President or the Director of Operations who maintain the attendance records.
Dress rehearsals are held at the Hylton Performing Arts Center before each concert. Attendance is mandatory unless otherwise arranged with the Director. Only circumstances such as family emergencies, illness, or other unavoidable circumstances will be considered by the Director as excusable absences. Failure to attend the dress rehearsal may result in the member being ineligible to perform in the concert. Concert attire is NOT required at dress rehearsals. Comfortable clothes and shoes are encouraged.
For the 2017-2018 season, dress rehearsals are at the below dates and times. Note: scheduling conflicts with the Hylton may require changes in the date or time. Any changes will be announced well in advance.
- Tuesday October 10 7:00 – 9:30 pm
- Tuesday December 5 7:00 – 9:30 pm
- Tuesday March 13 7:00 – 9:30 pm
- Thursday May 31 7:00 – 9:30 pm
- Dues. The Manassas Chorale is considered a membership organization. Singers join for one year (four consecutive concert segments). Renewal reminders are sent to members as needed. The annual membership dues for the 2017-2018 season are $120 per member. Dues may be paid in their entirety or in installments of at least $40 each (member must arrange with the Treasurer if doing so). Members must be paid in full or have a signed payment agreement in place by the fourth rehearsal of the segment in which they join.
- Attire. Chorale members must purchase formal and informal concert attire (see Member Handbook for more details).
- Formal women’s attire = $110
- Formal men’s attire = $144
- Informal attire = $20
- Performance folder. Chorale members must purchase a matte black folder to hold their music for all performances. Folders may be purchased from the Chorale for $7.