COVID-19 Policies for the 2022-2023 Season
The Manassas Chorale Board of Directors has enacted a series of COVID-19 policies for the 2022-2023 Season. The policies can be found on this page, and in the Chorale Handbook. All COVID-19 policies are in effect until further notice, and may change pursuant to federal, state, and local guidelines, or by Board decision.
Any questions about these policies may be directed to President Mark Dodge.
1. WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND VACCINE RECOMMENDATION
All participants must sign a waiver releasing the Chorale from liability when participating in in-person Chorale events. Members must sign prior to joining or at the start of the current season; other participants (instrumentalists, guest performers) must sign prior to participating.
Vaccination is highly recommended but not mandated.
2022-2023 Waiver of Liability – click here to view or download
If a member is currently in the middle of their membership year and wishes to withdraw from the Chorale due to a change in our covid-19 policies, or if they become ineligible to sing with the Chorale due to a change in our covid-19 policies, the following options are available:
- The member may allow the Chorale to keep the balance of their dues, and become a non-singing member for the remainder of their membership year.
- The member may request a partial refund of their dues. The amount of refund will be determined by the segment in which the member joined.
3. HEALTH SELF SCREENING
All participants must sign a commitment to perform a health self-screening prior to every in-person Chorale event to help reduce the spread of infectious disease. Members must sign prior to joining or at the start of the current season; other participants (instrumentalists, guest performers) must sign prior to participating.
The health self-screening is as follows:
- I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nasal congestion, vomiting or diarrhea, or skin rashes.
- With regards to covid, I am following all current CDC guidelines with respect to exposure, testing, quarantining, isolating, and returning to activities, per my vaccination status.
2022-2023 Health Screening Commitment – click here to view or download
4. REPORTING AN INFECTION
If a participant becomes infected, they are required to report the infection to the Executive Director and the President via email, with the following information:
- Date the person last attended an in-person Chorale event
- Date the person began to show symptoms
- Date the person was diagnosed
The Executive Director will then notify all participants of their possible exposure.
President Mark Dodge – firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director Jennifer Blanchard – email@example.com
5. MASK RECOMMENDATION
Masks are highly recommended, and encouraged to be worn, but not mandated.