COVID-19 Policies for the 2021-2022 Season
The Manassas Chorale Board of Directors has enacted a series of COVID-19 policies for the 2021-2022 Season. The policies can be found on this page, and in the Chorale Handbook. All COVID-19 policies are in effect until further notice, and may change pursuant to federal, state, and local guidelines, or by Board decision.
Any questions about these policies may be directed to President Mark Dodge.
1. WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND VACCINE MANDATE
All participants must sign a waiver releasing the Chorale from liability when participating in in-person Chorale events. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The Chorale also requires all participants to have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks prior to participating in any in-person Chorale events. The first paragraph of the waiver states this attestation.
If a person wishes to request an exemption from the vaccine mandate, based on medical or religious grounds, or from previously having had COVID-19, they must email their request to the President (email@example.com). Medical requests must include a doctor’s note. Religious requests do not need any documentation. Previous illness must include positive diagnosis documentation.
Upon receipt, the President, Artistic Director, and Executive Director will consider the request and notify the person if an exemption is granted. The person will be required to wear a mask at all in-person rehearsals, and must sign a modified waiver with no vaccine attestation paragraph.
If a member is currently in the middle of their membership year and is no longer eligible to sing with the Chorale due to not being vaccinated, the following options are available with regards to dues:
1.The member may allow the Chorale to keep the balance of their dues, and become a non-singing member for the remainder of their membership year.
2.The member may request a partial refund of their dues by emailing the Executive Director. The amount of refund will be determined by the segment in which the member joined (Winter 2020 or Voices United 2021).
3. SELF SCREENING
All participants must perform a self-screening prior to participating in any in-person Chorale events. The self-screening criteria are available here and on the website under Membership Information.
Prior to every in-person Chorale event I attend, I attest that:
- I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste and/or smell.
- I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days.
- I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- If I have been previously diagnosed with Coronavirus/COVID-19, I have been cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities.
- I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
The per segment attendance requirement remains in effect, but absences due to self-quarantining will be given special consideration by the Artistic Director.
4. REPORTING AN INFECTION
If a participant becomes infected, they are required to report the infection to the Executive Director and the President via email, with the following information:
- Date the person last attended an in-person Chorale event
- Date the person began to show symptoms
- Date the person was diagnosed
The Executive Director will then notify all participants of their possible exposure.
President Mark Dodge – firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director Jennifer Blanchard – email@example.com
5. MASK MANDATE
All persons attending an indoor Chorale event (singers, staff, instrumentalists) are required to wear a mask, per the most current CDC guidance that all persons, regardless of vaccination status, should wear a mask at indoor events.
This guidance is as of August 2021; should the guidance change over the course of the season, we will adapt accordingly.